I just released Version 6.4 which lets you choose one of two Algebraic Modes (Prefix & Postfix). Prefix allows you to enter calculations as you would read them, while postfix allows you to enter numbers first, then the operations.
This way, everyone gets what they want :)
I just released an update that’s been requested by many, many folks. Algebraic Calculations in Expression View are now entered just like you would read them. Here’s the full change list:
- Algebraic mode now more closely matches textbook-style entry. Calculation expressions can be entered as you would read them. You can now enter 3sin(45) as you see it.
- Complex i and all constants (like π) are now treated as variables. You can now enter 2π as you see it. This also works in RPN mode.
- Operator precedence has been lowered for functions MOD, NCR, NPR and Δ%. This more closely matches industry-standard computational engines (example on Wolfram Alpha). They now sit just below the S in PEMDAS.
I’ve added the opt-in links to the Google Play BETA. Feel free to participate, or not. The choice is yours but, whenever there are updates, I always release them to the BETA users first.
You’ll need to own the respective application and then sign-in with the Google account you downloaded/purchased it with.
Also, once you become a BETA tester, you can’t seem to write a review anymore. The system only lets you leave private feedback at that point, so don’t forget to leave a 5-star review before joining. =)
I just released the latest BETA version to all users. This version adds the following:
- The MOD function now supports complex numbers.
- I’ve improved a lot of subtle expression logic.
- I’ve updated some text on a few of the shifted buttons.
Additionally, all MOD operations in the Scientific Mode have been switched over from Truncated Modulo to Floored Modulo. In Programmer Mode, MOD will remain as Truncated Modulo because it is far more ubiquitous across programming languages.
Truncated Modulo : a mod b = a-b*trunc(a/b)
Floored Modulo : a mod b = a-b*floor(a/b)
Feel free to google the applicable differences, but for real numbers the changes will only affect negative values. Floored Modulo is more popular in handheld scientific calculators and gives you more options as a user anyway…so it was a no brainer for me.
I just released an update with some great features:
- Expressions now print with separate colors for the operators and parentheses. This can be disabled in the settings.
- The settings menu has also been updated a bit.
- Factorial, NPR and NCR now handle the full complex plane. (I don’t know another Android calculator that can do that except possibly the HP Prime App!).
- Expressions now show what’s been entered instead of what it’s been evaluated to. For example: 7E3 used to always print out as 7,000 but now it will show what you’ve typed.
- More items will now be saved to history. Previously, if you just typed 5 =, it would not have saved. Now it will.
- Expressions now show the symbol for the Physical Constants.