I just released an update with some great features:
- Expressions now print with separate colors for the operators and parentheses. This can be disabled in the settings.
- The settings menu has also been updated a bit.
- Factorial, NPR and NCR now handle the full complex plane. (I don’t know another Android calculator that can do that except possibly the HP Prime App!).
- Expressions now show what’s been entered instead of what it’s been evaluated to. For example: 7E3 used to always print out as 7,000 but now it will show what you’ve typed.
- More items will now be saved to history. Previously, if you just typed 5 =, it would not have saved. Now it will.
- Expressions now show the symbol for the Physical Constants.
I just released a major update that upgrades all floating point calculations to arbitrary precision. I settled on 35 digits for the best balance between precision and speed, however, all my unit testing is performed at (every value from 1 to) 200 digits.
This release also updates the display on phones to better make use of modern, larger phone screens. I also added some features and changes based on user feedback. The full release list can be found here.
In order to better maintain the app in the future, I also had to make a few tough decisions. The minimum Android Version is now 16 (Jelly Bean). Old devices will continue to be able to use their installed version, but will not be able to download anything new from the store. I also removed the Sequential Input Method (where 1+2×3=9).
Screenshots have been updated on the store pages, but I will update them on this site soon.
I just released a minor update that will prevent a rare case where the app could hang.
Over the past few months, I’ve released a few bug fixes, including one today. Full details of each are available on the Version History Page.
Thanks to everyone who has helped!
I’ve just released version 5.4.1 with a minor update. Due to popular demand, I’ve added back CLR (clear X) for RPN users. Like algebraic-mode, just hold for CLS (clear stack).
I will update the screenshots soon…